Sunday, September 18, 2011

Full Application & Scholarship

So, I've finally started the full application process. and let me tell you, for anyone who doesn't know what this application is about..it's insane. The application has many parts to it- personal contact information, placement information, a picture portion, letters of recommendation, parent consent and signatures, a health form, a passport section, and so on. I started the little parts of the application such as the personal information back in the beginning of July, and now that school has finally started, I am getting more and more in depth with the process. I've already asked my former Spanish teach for a letter of recommendation, and he willingly accepted! Next week, I have a meeting with my parents, guidance counselor, and principal to discuss whether and if i receive any credits for studying abroad. I'm crossing my fingers and wishing for the best! I'm nervous, but at the same time, I don't really care if i don't get any credits. Studying in Spain would so be worth it anyways! So far, I have about 1/3 of my application done with much more to follow! I'm slowly gathering parts and pieces together, and soon it will be finished.

I'm also applying for a very generous scholarship. It's called the Speedwell Scholarship. It's available to any student in Lancaster or Lebanon county, Pennsylvania wanting to study abroad for a year to the country of their choice. In the previous years, this was a full scholarship! If i'm remembering correctly, there were 19 full scholarships awarded last year, and everyone who applied, received a scholarship! I think this is a great opportunity to take advantage of. For the Speedwell Scholarship, all i need to do is attend a high school in Lancaster or Lebanon county and meet the AFS criteria, and also write a short essay.

My goal is to have both my full application and Speedwell Scholarship application submitted by the beginning of January. It's going to be a test of patience, but in the end, it will be worth it!

As you can see, this post is full of no updates or good news whatsoever. Wish me luck as my AFS adventure is only beginning!

-Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment